- Air Conditioner: Your A/C unit removes moisture from the air, and can cause build-up within itself. If not drained properly, the water will slowly leak into your home ruining the flooring, drywall, or cause mold. That is why your air conditioner needs to be serviced at least once each year to ensure nothing is malfunctioning behind the scenes.
- Dishwasher: If your dishwasher is not sealed properly, it can cause water damage- especially if the latch is broken, or if the wrong soap was used. You can avoid costly water damage repairs to your kitchen if you make sure that any leaks are immediately addressed by repairing or replacing your dishwasher.
- Washing Machine: You should check your washing machine regularly by inspecting beneath and behind the unit. Check all the fittings and make sure they are securely connected, and that there isn’t leaking water beneath the unit.
- Leaking Pipes: Water damage is often caused by leaky pipes so don’t wait to call a plumber if you notice a leak in one place in your home because it could signify leaks in other areas. Also if there is a spike in your water bill, it is likely caused by a leak and needs to be addressed before damage is caused to your home.
- Clogged Drains: Clogged drains don’t just cause water damage, they also cause mold growth if left unchecked. Clogged toilets mean that you do not use that toilet and you will likely experience water back up in the shower, sink, or onto the bathroom floor. Sewage water from your toilet is extremely dangerous and must be cleaned up by a professional because of the bacteria. With kitchen sinks backing up, the overflow will damage your kitchen floors and cabinetry.
Knowing the most common causes of water damage will help you to take preventative steps to avoid them. However, if you do experience water damage, give us a call at 256-682-0345.
Making clean-up as easy as ABC!